Apologies for the recent downtime of this website (and also the Langworthy Lib Dem micro-site and Norman Owen’s website). Following today’s announcement by Gordon Brown that the General Election will be held on Thursday 6th May – our webpages today received quadruple the average visitors we’d typically get in a week!
As such, the hosting plan that we had with our web company (Compila) was not up to the task and Compila took the webpages down until we changed to their top tier plan.
We’ve done that and now we’re back on-line 🙂
That said, it’s the right time to mention our four steps for a fairer Britain:
Fair taxes that put money back in your pocket
- The first £10,000 you earn tax-free: a tax cut of £700 for most people
- 3.6 million low earners and pensioners freed from income tax completely
- Paid for in full by closing loopholes that unfairly benefit the wealthy and polluters
A fair future creating jobs by making Britain greener
- Break up the banks and get them lending again to protect real businesses
- Honesty about the tough choices needed to cut the deficit
- Green growth and jobs that last by investing in infrastructure
A fair chance for every child
- Ensure children get the individual attention they need by cutting class sizes
- Made possible by investing £2.5 billion in schools targeted to help struggling pupils
- Give schools the freedom to make the right choices for their pupils
A fair deal by cleaning up politics
- Put trust back into politics by giving you the right to sack corrupt MPs
- Restore and protect hard-won British civil liberties with a Freedom Bill
- Overhaul Westminster completely: fair votes, an elected House of Lords, all politicians to pay full British taxes
You’ve been let down by Labour for the last 13 years. You’ve had 65 years of Labour and Conservative Governments taking it in turns to make the same old mistakes over and over again.
The choice in this election is between more of the same with Labour and the Conservatives or real change with the Liberal Democrats.
We will clean up politics. We will deliver fairness.
We will change Britain.